Welcome Event - Wednesday, Oct 17; Time: TBD; Location: Adventure Center
Special welcome for graduate students and first-time attendees
Awards Dinner - Thursday, Oct 18; 5:45 - 7:45 PM; Arapahoe Room
Separate registration/cost required for this event - Register Here
- Zucchini Pasta, Fried Tempeh, Wild Mushrooms, and Spicy Marinara - Gluten Sensitive/Dairy Free/Vegan
- Herb & Garlic Marinated Smoked Supreme of Chicken, Port Jus Lie, Cherry Apricot Chutney, and Celery Root Puree - Gluten Sensitive/Contains Dairy
- Sirloin Steak, Merlot Jus Lie, Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, and Balsamic Marinated-Charred Roma Tomato Wedge - Contains Gluten and Dairy
- Baby Spinach Leaves, Bacon Lardons, Brown Sugar Glazed Gala Apple, Baby Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced Red Onions and Riesling Pear Vinaigrette - Gluten Sensitive/Dairy Free/Can be vegetarian without the bacon
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Milk Chocolate Espresso Chunk Cheesecake Oreo Crust, Chocolate Fudge Sauce and Strawberries – Vegetarian/Contains Gluten and Dairy
Comedian Night - Thursday, Oct 18; 8:30 PM; Arapahoe Room
Comedian night is included in the conference registration price; however, space is limited. Attendees will be admitted to the event on a first come, first served basis until we reach the room capacity.
Comedians: Nancy Norton and Chris Voth
Nancy Norton has been featured on A&E‘s An Evening at the Improv and starred in her own one-woman show on PBS, The Yellowish-Green Girl, and recently featured on Nickelodeon, bringing stress-relieving comedy to parents on Nickmom Night Out! With a background in healthcare, standup and parenting, Nancy delivers performances and programs that are spontaneous and fresh, teaching the physiology of laughter, which is truly beneficial to any individual or organization. This versatile comedian combines hilarious story-telling with a fast-paced improvisational style that leaves audiences with little time to catch their breath. Her engaging style of comedy has made her a huge hit at corporate events across the country, as well as internationally while entertaining the troops on two USO Comedy Tours.
Chris Voth is an accomplished comedian, a licensed teacher, and a published author. He has made several national television appearances, including The Late Late Show, Last Comic Standing, and Comics Unleashed. A 20-year comedy veteran, Chris is a past winner of the Denver Comedy Works Competition. Chris balances his performance schedule with a full-time high-school teaching career. Chris has a master’s in English and is currently working on his doctorate in education from the University of Colorado Denver.