Colorado School Counselor Association
Emerging Leaders Program
Vision: The Colorado School Counselor Association (CSCA) Emerging Leaders Program is designed to foster leaders within the school counseling profession. The Emerging Leaders Program focuses on the American School Counseling Association (ASCA) core theme of leadership in an effort to empower school counselors to develop leadership skills and competencies for the betterment of the school counseling profession.
Goals: The goal of the CSCA Emerging Leaders Program is to support upcoming leaders within the school counseling profession in Colorado and cultivate opportunities to enhance their leadership development.
Criteria: Emerging Leaders (EL) will exhibit leadership potential and have a willingness to grow and serve CSCA and the school counseling profession in a variety of roles. Applicants must: a) Be a member of the Colorado School Counselor Association, b) Hold an active school counseling license in Colorado and is working as a professional school counselor/counselor supervisor/counselor educator in Colorado in their first three years by the start of the 2022-2023 school year. Four ELs will be selected to serve for a one year term. The Emerging Leader term will begin on June 1st and end on May 31st each year.
- Receive a discount to the CSCA annual conference
- Be recognized as an Emerging Leader at the CSCA Annual Conference
- Develop professional networks
- Gain exposure to serving in a professional leadership role through CSCA
Expectations: CSCA Emerging Leaders are asked to:
- Attend and volunteer in-person at the annual CSCA conference (October 5-7, 2022)
- Attend the CSCA Leadership Development Institute in Greeley, Colorado (June 3-5, 2022)
- Attend three out of the four quarterly board meetings held throughout the year (which includes the board meeting held during the Leadership Development Institute in June).
- Provide professional service through leadership roles on the CSCA board, which includes joining a committee of your choice and assisting in the CSCA Emerging Leader Review
Application: Individuals interested in the EL program will be asked to a) complete an application form, b) upload a resume, c) submit one professional reference completed by an individual who can speak to your leadership potential and reasons why you should be selected to be a CSCA Emerging Leader through the google form (see below). References from principals/supervisors or school counseling professionals are preferred.
Please complete the Emerging Leaders application and reference no later than March 4th, 2022 by going to the following link:
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact the Professional Development Chair: Candice Neverve Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org