Emerging Leaders Program
Colorado School Counselor Association
2019-2020 Emerging Leaders Program
Call for Applications
Vision: The Colorado School Counselor Association (CSCA) Emerging Leaders Program is designed to foster leaders within the school counseling profession. The Emerging Leaders Program focuses on the American School Counseling Association (ASCA) core theme of leadership in an effort to empower school counselors to develop leadership skills and competencies for the betterment of the school counseling profession.
Goals: The goal of the CSCA Emerging Leaders Program is to support upcoming leaders within the school counseling profession in Colorado and cultivate opportunities to enhance their leadership development.
Criteria: Emerging Leaders (EL) will exhibit leadership potential and have a willingness to grow and serve CSCA and the school counseling profession in a variety of roles. Applicants must: a) Be a member of the Colorado School Counselor Association, b) Hold an active school counseling license in Colorado and is working as a professional school counselor/counselor supervisor/counselor educator in Colorado in their first three years by the start of the 2019-2020 school year. Four ELs will be selected to serve for a one year term. The Emerging Leader term will begin on June 1stand end on May 31steach year.
Benefits: Emerging Leaders will:
- Be assigned a mentor to connect with throughout the year
- Receive 5% off of the CSCA annual conference
- Be recognized as an Emerging Leader at the CSCA Annual Conference
- Develop professional networks
- Gain exposure to serving in a professional leadership role through CSCA
Expectations: CSCA Emerging Leaders are asked to:
- Attend and volunteer at the annual CSCA conference (October 9-11, 2019)
- Attend the CSCA Leadership Development Institute (June 7-9, 2019)
- Provide at least 45 hours of service and professional activities during their EL term. This may include joining a CSCA committee, membership on the incoming CSCA Emerging Leader review committee, present or co-present at the CSCA conference, and other professional development activities that you choose as part of your personal leadership development plan.
**Please note, there may be an opportunity to obtain graduate credit.
To Apply: Please complete the Emerging Leaders application no later than April 11th, 2019 by going to the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/KAO0KbYNcMKDNHUt1
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact the Professional Development Co-Chair: Jaimie Stickl Haugen at Jaimie.email@example.com