Emerging Leaders Program
Colorado School Counselor Association
Emerging Leaders Program
Vision: The Colorado School Counselor Association (CSCA) Emerging Leaders Program is designed to foster leaders within the school counseling profession. The Emerging Leaders Program focuses on the American School Counseling Association (ASCA) core theme of leadership in an effort to empower school counselors to develop leadership skills and competencies for the betterment of the school counseling profession.
Goals: The goal of the CSCA Emerging Leaders Program is to support upcoming leaders within the school counseling profession in Colorado and cultivate opportunities to enhance their leadership development.
Criteria: Emerging Leaders (EL) will exhibit leadership potential and have a willingness to grow and serve CSCA and the school counseling profession in a variety of roles. Applicants must: a) Be a member of the Colorado School Counselor Association, b) Hold an active school counseling license in Colorado and is working as a professional school counselor/counselor supervisor/counselor educator in Colorado in their first three years by the start of the 2020-2021 school year. Four ELs will be selected to serve for a one year term. The Emerging Leader term will begin on June 1st and end on May 31st each year.
- Receive a discount to the CSCA annual conference
- Be recognized as an Emerging Leader at the CSCA Annual Conference
- Develop professional networks across the state of Colorado
- Gain exposure to serving in a professional leadership role through CSCA
- Please note, there may be an opportunity to obtain graduate credit or professional development hours
Expectations: CSCA Emerging Leaders are asked to:
- Attend and volunteer at the annual CSCA conference (October 7-9, 2020)
- Attend the CSCA Leadership Development Institute in Greeley, Colorado (June 12-14, 2020)
- Attend three out of the four quarterly board meetings held throughout the year (which should include the board meeting held during the Leadership Development Institute in June and our April meeting).
- Provide professional service through leadership roles on the CSCA board, which includes joining a committee of your choice and assisting in the CSCA Emerging Leader Review
To Apply: Applications are due by March 6, 2020. Download application info for 2020-21 or link directly to application here.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact the Professional Development Co-Chair: Jaimie Stickl Haugen at Jaimie.firstname.lastname@example.org