Ever consider serving as a mentor within the profession of School Counseling? If you have 5 years (recommended) of professional School Counseling experience, we invite you to share your knowledge and skills with newly licensed School Counselors within the profession and/or school sites that are without School Counselor representation, but need School Counseling services. These newly licensed School Counselors and school sites are recipients of the Colorado Corp Grant in which mentorship is a requirement.
Requirements to become a Mentor are:
· An understanding of the ASCA National Model.
· 1 year committment
· Maintain phone/Skype or face-to-face contact 1-2x/ weekly with the mentee/site.
· Provide data driven guidance interventions and recommendations.
· Collaborate on process and procedures with the mentee/site.
· Establish attainable goals with the mentee/site.
Those that complete 1 school year as a Mentor will receive a free one year membership to CSCA for your work and time.
*If interested, please contact the Mentorship Program Director, Brigette Archuleta at firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 258-0691 by October 31, 2014.
Your advocacy and representation is very much needed!!!